Tuesday, May 23, 2006

My first pet...

or atleast, the first one I can remember, was a beagle named Smokey. Smokey was the most loving pet I believe I've ever had. He always wanted to sit on the couch with us and lay his head on our leg. When it was time for bed, I remember him lying at the foot of either mine or my brother's bed. As Smokey got older, he began snapping at folks. On day, when my mom had him outside with her while she was working in the flower garden, a gentleman walked up and said, "Is this your dog? He just bit me." That was all it took. Smokey went on a ride the next day, but never came back. My mom said she wasnt having a dog around that bit people. It just wasnt safe.

I think we lasted about 2 months before we went to the SPCA and adopted Penny. She was a cutiepie! Penny was a chihuahua/poodle mix and was so tiny! When I became pregnant, She used to lay on top of my belly. When the baby would kick, she would jump up, look down at my belly, the up at me. It was so funny!!

5 comments:

loonyhiker said...

I bet that dog was wondering what kicked him! This was really cute!

Gabby Faye said...

How funny about the dog and the pregnant "kick". I can just see it, you told it so well!

faery-wings said...

LOL! That must have been funny to see with Penny!

Tiffani said...

I haven't had a small dog of my own since I was a kid...and this prompt brought back all the joy of having a small dog around!

Meg said...

How funny! I'm sorry about Smokey, but Penny sounds adorable!