Wednesday, May 17, 2006

My comforts

My comfort food has to be my mom's red velvet cake. She always made it for holidays and our birthdays, but also whenever something drastic happened in our lives...good or bad. I've tried others' red velvet cakes, but none compares to Mom's!

My comfort items have to be my family. No matter what kind of day I've had at work, I know that when I get home they will accept me no matter what. They also have a special way of cheering me up.

My greatest comfort has to be my assurance of my salvation. I know that Jesus Christ is my personal Lord and Savior and that I will see Him face to face!

5 comments:

Meg said...

Beautiful post and lovely thoughts. Thank you for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm red velvet cake is THE best....though...you are right....there is not comfort at all without knowing where your eterntity lies...

Glynis said...

The cake sounds great, but you're right--Jesus is MUCH MUCH better! (and less fattening LOL) God bless you!

loonyhiker said...

Yum! I like red velvet cake! It not only tastes good but it looks good too!

heather said...

I have no idea what red velvet cake is but just the name does it for me - sounds sumptious!!