Sunday, May 21, 2006

My favorite vacation...

...has to be last year's trip to Texas. My husband, youngest daughter, and myself were headed for Mt Pleasant, TX to meet our new brother-in-love and new nephew. Along the way, we visited my parents in AL.

After a few days there, we headed for Memphis where we met up with a friend we hadnt seen in over 15 years! He took us on a tour, including the Peabody Motel and the ducks! Our second day in Memphis we took the tour at Graceland. Definitely a stop for anyone planning a visit to Memphis.

From Mempis we headed to Texas. We spent a whole week there, getting to know our newest family memebers. My sis-in-love & her family live in a cabin, that is absolutely gorgeous! It was so comforting. We were treated to a tour of the area, as well as a trip to their local dirttrack.

After our time in Memphis, we headed to my in-loves in Baker, LA...just outside of Baton Rouge. We spent another week there seeing family and friends. I love going to Baker. My husband's family are so sweet...they're always feeding you! Good 'ol southern hospitality!

From LA, we headed back to my parents for a day or two, then to Pidgeon Forge where we met some friends and had a wonderful time at Dollywood. We stayed another day or two to get rested up, then headed for home.

All-in-all, we spent 3 weeks on the road. Yes, we were exhausted once we got home, but our minds were full of memories. I was able to scrap a mini-album of our trip and have two pages per destination.

I'll blog atcha later!

2 comments:

loonyhiker said...

Wow, what a trip! I love how you call them in-loves! Where in NC do you live? I live in Greenville, SC and we do a lot of camping and hiking in the Smokies. Great post!

heather said...

How great that your in-loves were so welcoming and you could catch up with old friends. It sounds like a good time!