Monday, May 15, 2006

Happy Mother's Day!!

Wow! What can I say? I had a wonderful Mother's Day!!

First, I skipped Sunday School but went to church. Gotta sleep in a little, ya know? After church we all piled in the car (including our "new" son, Jason) and headed for Olive Garden...MY pick! I stuffed myself with salad, breadsticks & two different types of soup, as well as some of the mushrooms & fried raviolies off the sampler platter we ordered.

After eating, the girls gave me presents! Lecia gave me a beautiful basket filled with scented bath stuff (think she's trying to tell me something?), an angel, and a ladybug planter filled with daisies. Amy gave me a set of salt/pepper shakers that look like grapes, and Terri gave me a hanger with a bunch of grapes (can ya tell what my kitchen theme is?).

The girls & Jason headed home while Bear & I went to Best Buy, my all time favoritest store!! He wanted to get me "Call of Duty 2" since I had just completed "Call of Duty "!! We decided to get the expansion game for CoD instead of CoD2. You know, take it in order. Then...I got a new laptop!! WEEEEEEEEE DOGGIES!!! It's a Gateway with tons of memory, 100G harddrive, DVD/CD burners, card reader, etc. Plus, it was on sale for $799!!! Cant beat that price!! It was definitely the best buy! Now...to get that blamed internet to work! Wireless...gotta hate it!

All in all, I'd have to say that I had the best Mother's Day ever! I got to spend time with my family, get some things I'd been wanting, and even got to spend time with the Lord. Who could ask for more? I sure cant!!

7 comments:

Gabby Faye said...

So glad to see another Gateway Laptop member. I wonder what your wireless problem might be. Mine works wonderfully off the network across the street. He has Comcast and I have SBC. SBC (maybe all DSL) and wireless "have issues" I was told by both SBC and US Robotics.
In any case, that was one heck of a Mother's Day gift!!!

Judyy said...

Wow, that was one rockin' Mother's Day! You sure hit the jackpot, on all scores--people you love, activities you love, and one heckuva haul of gifts. LOL Good for you!

Meg said...

Ooooohhhhhh, jealous!!!! A new laptop with all the goodies??!! Oh I wish, and with wireless internet? Just about heaven. Glad you had such a wonderful Mother's Day!

loonyhiker said...

Congrats on your new laptop! Sounds like your family really spoiled you.

Glynis said...

Sounds like a great Mother's day! And a laptop! They think you're Mother of the Year!!

Karen said...

Sounds like a great Mothers Day. All about you...the way it should be.

Anonymous said...

What a laptop!! We've got an old one that will coem away with me on holiday - but no net access, just enough to keep my hand in with pictures and scrapping :o)