Monday, June 05, 2006

My earliest memory...

My earliest memory is of our foster brothers when I was young. I guess it was way back in 1968, which would make me about 7 yrs old. My parents took in a couple of brothers for a few months. One of them had a terrible lisp. I remember him being really shy. The best memory of these brothers is the birthday party we gave the youngest one. Bless his heart, with his lisp, he couldnt blow out the candles. He asked all of us kids to help, which we gladly obliged. My mom gave me some of the photos of the birthday party to scrap, which I'll do later today.

My memory is so terrible, I'm surprised I remember!!

4 comments:

loonyhiker said...

That is a cool memory! It says a lot about your parents for taking in foster kids. No wonder you are such a great person!

ComfyMom~Stacey said...

What a great memory! My parents were foster parents too from tiem to time, but only for short term until more permanent places could be found

Unknown said...

How wonderful that you have such a fantastic memory.

Karen said...

That was lovely Biffy. have you kept in touch with any of the kids your parents fostered?